On to the big news of the week. The Talent Show. Now, I just want to tell you all out there that I don't know where my daughter got all of her "want to be in front of people" nerves of steel. According to my mom, I was so painfully shy when I was little that it's amazing I even ventured out from behind her skirt so that people could even see my face. I have come a long way, that is true, but to put me up in front of other people when I was 5 years old would have been a no-go. This is why, a few weeks ago, when I saw a flier for a Talent Show coming to our school in the coming weeks I thought, "ya, right, I don't think we're going to have to worry about being involved in that." How wrong I was.Mikayla: "Mommy, mommy! RJ and Julia are doing the Talent Show! Can I do it?? Please?"
mother of friend: "oh, it will be so fun! What fun memories they will make. Does Mikayla want to do it?"
me: (under my breath"no" but what came out) "ummm, Mikayla do you want to do it?"
Mikayla: "YES, YES mommy!!"
So began the try-outs, which I had to attend, the dress rehearsal, which we all had to attend, and the final performance, which costs $4 each ticket to purchase. Initially, I wondered why in the world I was subjecting myself to such torture when there were other moms not even considering the extra, added effort of including their children in the extracurricular activities but now I'm kind of excited she's getting up there and doing something I never would have done. I'm proud of her, of the person she's becoming, of her confidence. I'm also happy for Julia's mom who lovingly coordinated the outfits and the song "Peanut Butter Jelly Time."
Here they are in the Dress Rehearsal, performing.
Lynnea was enjoying her new found freedom of walking everywhere and making smiley faces at everyone who watched her.
Oh, but let's not forget about rolling around on the gymnasium floor once we're sick of walking around. That was a highlight.
Tyler was content to sit RIGHT next to me, sucking his thumb. If only he was this subdued while potty training.
And here are the performers. Good job, guys! Can't wait for Thursday!
1 comment:
How cute is that?! Yes, you and Cara were very shy as opposed to our very outgoing boys! Well, Brian was a little quieter I guess! It looks like a really fun time and hooray for her! I wouldn't have done that at 5 either!! Now I get up in front of the congregation several times a year in the role of lay leader! Announcements and prayer. Doesn't faze me a bit! That is a God thing for sure!!
Post a Comment