Friday, February 13, 2009

I Need Some Sleep

I know it's been a while and my blogging has been slacking lately. If you knew the way my week has been going, you'd understand completely. On Tuesday night I got a sudden flu complete with all 5 symptoms (you can figure them out yourself) and didn't get more than 1 hour of sleep. As soon as I got over that, I got a small cold or allergies. I couldn't tell which one it was. As if that wasn't enough, Lynnea woke up at 11:00 last night crying and wouldn't stop until 2:00am, when she emitted a large amount of gas. We finally crawled into bed only to be awakened at 6 in the morning by my loveable boy. So, now you can understand the lack of posting on the blog.

On to the happenings of this weekend. My brother-in-law, John, who works at Disneyland had gotten 4 tickets to the Happiest place on earth for the opening of It's a Small World. We had debated going but eventually decided to cart the brood over for a day of magic. We got there and it was cloudy but clear. As soon as we entered the park, the rain poured. Mikayla and I were going to a birthday party anyway so we left Will and Tyler there (it stopped raining pretty quick) and went to Brent's birthday party. We got back to Disneyland at 7:00 and spent the rest of the night seeing the new Small World and riding the kid rides. We learned that Snow White will never be a favorite of the Lee kids. Here are a few shots of our time there.With Uncle John-thanks!!!
In the parking structure wondering when the rain will stop.
The castle at night.
Lynnea, entranced by It's a Small World.
We also indulged in our See's Chocolates. Here is Tyler's face after he finished a particularly good Bordeaux. Below is a picture of the kids in the backyard. It has been a while since we played back there due to the weed overgrowth and my nightmares of Lynnea covered in mud. The faces and actions on my kids are so "them" in this picture.
And here's the face on my youngest in the position I see her most often, at my feet, crying and looking up at me asking me to hold her.
On that note, I'll say goodbye-to go pick up my baby and hold her and love her (even though she kept me awake all night).

No comments: