Monday, August 6, 2007

Busy Weekend, last weekend

I've had these pictures in here all week but didn't have a chance to write until now. Here goes...
I finally decided to weed and hack back my garden in the backyard and only got through half of it before I had enough. Gardening is not my calling. Anyway, I ended up finding this cute little inchworm in the mass of garden clippings and gave the poor thing to my kids to manhandle. They loved him and eventually put him back into the garden when it was time to come inside. Who knows if the poor thing made it to crawl to another leaf.

The corn festival was held in La Habra this weekend so we decided to see what the hype was all about. Figuring it was called the corn festival for a reason, we were wondering what mouth-watering goodies they would be selling to taste test. We walked the whole craft sale area, the ride area and the park area and couldn't even find a picture of a corn cob until we got to the food aisle. Amid the corn dog signs, cotton candy booths and BBQ grills, we saw it; a drawing of a corn cob with the price next to it of $3. THREE DOLLARS for a corn cob? Needless to say, we didn't need to sample the goods to know it just wasn't worth it. Give me a cob from Albertsons, I'll grill it and sprinkle some seasoning salt on it and save the other $2.50. Before we left, we promised Mikayla she could ride one ride so she picked this Shamu looking thing. $2 later, she left happy and I left happy that the ride didn't collapse on her through all of its creaks and groans. We had fun and even saw a couple we hadn't seen in years and ended up spending the next few hours having dinner with them and hanging out.
Here's Tyler and Daddy waving to Mikayla, the sole rider on the Orca of Peril.


This weekend also brought with it visitors from Texas, our friends the Ecks. It was so much fun to see them and spend some time with them and their 2 kids, Madeleine and Ethan. Madeleine and Mikayla get along so well and love playing Princess with each other for hours on end. Amanda (Madeleine's mom) and I hope that they will be friends for life. Here we are outside of Red Robin where we went to dinner after a day of play.


Tyler was fascinated with the cat at the Eck home (Madeleine's grandparents) and had to keep touching him and "loving" him. I accidentally caught this shot of him feeling the wrong side. The cat jumped a little and tried to get away but Tyler kept finding him.

The girls swimming in the backyard.


The fabulous foursome sitting still long enough to kind of get a picture taken. Thanks Amanda and Erik for taking the time to be with us!!

Tyler and Ethan. They're a year apart so next year they'll be playing together too.

No comments: