With child number 3, a few things have changed when it comes to birthday parties. The invitation list has shrunk a little, the decorations have been pared down, and the food is better for the grown ups than for the kids, but the amount of fun is still the same! Oh, and the cakes have gotten better and better, thanks to my friend Aly. Check out the beautiful, Rapunzel-themed, mini cake she made for my Lynnea. I didn't even want to cut it...but I'm glad I did. It tasted amazing (and I should know, I finished about 1/6 of it all by myself).
For her special day, Lynnea told me who she wanted to invite and almost all of them were able to make it. They even kept themselves busy without any planned games and it made my heart happy to see these friends thoroughly enjoying one another.
Lynnea with her cake before we sang to her.
Later that night, Grammie, Gramps and Nana came and gave her something she's been wanting for a while, a new Tangled doll. She was so excited! What a fun birthday! Now it's on to Christmas...gotta get those Christmas cards done.




4 comments:
Oh send me a Christmas card while your at it!
Wow, she somehow turned into a little lady overnight! Happy birthday to Lynnea!
And that's one amazing cake!!
Rolana, email me your street address! I'd love to send you one!
Oh, it might be good if I gave you my email address: rivalynne(at)gmail.com
Post a Comment