Oh, and one more thing...Evie. Yes, "Come on Ring Those Bells," Evie! My parents had the record when my sister and I were growing up. It was something I looked forward to hearing every year, even though I wasn't aware I was looking forward to it. I know, confusing, but I really didn't realize how much of a part of Christmas that record was until it was NOT a part of Christmas for so long. One day, my sister had come across the record in an old store and told me about it. I decided to purchase it online, already recorded onto a CD, and I gave her a copy last Christmas to bring back old times. So now the kids let me reminisce for the length of the CD as they sing, "Light the Christmas Tree!" and sing praises to the King of Kings.
I think I'll stick with this tradition. It's small. But small things are comforting and special too.
Here's our completed tree. Yes, the star is large, and precarious (that thing is metal!) but it was such an important part of Christmas such a long time ago so I thought that its size was perfect.
Oh, yes, gotta have a few toys in there too. What's a house with 3 kids without them?




1 comment:
Simple, but so memorable! They are going to remember the sounds, sights and smells (hot coco) when they grow up! Fun memories!
Post a Comment