Monday, April 4, 2011

Lots of Legos

This past Saturday, we took a trip to Legoland with some friends of ours and had so much fun. One thing I will say about this place is that I have never seen more legos in all my life. I was truly amazed at all that the "Lego-engineers" created in this make-believe world and took lots of pictures to give you a little taste of their genius. There was a Star Wars Miniworld that had just been built so they had several sand artists create a 3D sculpture to welcome it to the park. I didn't take any pictures of the mini Star Wars exhibit because really, besides the little Ewoks, I have no interest. I think Will took a few. Anyway, here's the sand sculpture.
New York was one of the largest recreations at the park. I could use the word "incredible" here but I think the words "incredible, amazing, and fantastic" would be overused in this post so I'll just let you see the slide show at the end of the blog entry and you can say "wow" at each one without reading it over and over and over again from me.
My little one admiring the azaleas (MOM! I know what they are!! Aren't you proud?? All that gardening wisdom is rubbing off on me.)
Mikayla waiting for the "Indiana Jones" inspired ride that sent my youngest into terrified screams.
With Aidan. Oh, look, Lynnea's picking her nose. Isn't that attractive...
All 6 of the kids in front of the mariachi band. Why the mariachi band? No reason, they were just all standing there at one time and we seized the moment.
Tyler and me in the helicopter ride.
The other side of New York. This is Times Square I believe. Incredible detail. See? I'd use that word again and again if I could. This place is creative genius.
Lynnea even posed with R2-D2.
Unfortunately, the park closes at 5:00 so, while it was still light, we packed up our things and headed home but we had a great time with some great friends. Thanks Mina and Aaron!!

And, because I can't fit all of the great pics into this post, I've put together a slideshow of all of the pictures I thought were "fantastic, incredible, and amazing." ALL MADE WITH LEGOS! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emily said...

How fun! Looks like a great time!