Next time, dad, I promise I won't let the weeds control me...I promise! I decided that this time around I wouldn't plant anything frou-frou (also known as high maintenance). No small little dainty plants. No you-have-to-snip-it-once-a-day plants. Just the bushes. Flowering bushes. So, here's a picture of my upper garden bed with the hibiscus and the orange tree with a few azalea bushes and a calla lily. I love it.
In my lower garden bed is this beauty, among several other plants. Mom got me a beautiful, fluffy, pink climbing rose. I think I mentioned it in an earlier post but now I actually have a picture of one of them. Isn't it fluffy and gorgeous? Honestly, how many petals are IN that thing?
For lack of a better transition, I'll just jump into the next topic. Our visit from Uncle Dannie.As is our tradition, we headed to sushi. The past few times with the kids and sushi have left them hating teriyaki chicken (who could ever not like teriyaki chicken?) so we drove through McDonalds and then went over to Niko Niko Sushi. Everyone was happy. This picture is all of the kids and Dannie talking with Aunt Kathy since she and the kids couldn't make it this time. We missed you guys!!
I love my time with my family. It doesn't happen often enough since we're so far away from most relatives but the time with them is always treasured.
2 comments:
Your garden looks great!! Good job, I'm so surprised you have the energy and strength (and that your back held up) to do all that work. You can talk gardening with me any time!
its so fantastic to have the privilege of celebrating good family!
Post a Comment