Monday, July 27, 2009

Where has the summer gone?

It's amazing that our summer is already more than half over and Mikayla goes back to school in only a few short weeks. (Frankly, I don't know if I'm ready for all of that homework yet!). We have been busy doing fun things here and there and have kept pretty busy (without spending a lot of money). Our garden is thriving, for the most part. We had quite a few handfuls of sugar snap peas which the kids loved. I've grown about $10 worth of cherry tomatoes, although no one has eaten them but me. I have yet to see a watermelon blossom but the plant is taking over my garden, wrapping itself around every piece of vegetation in its way. Sooner or later it had better produce or the shovel will take care of it surely and quickly. It has been a fun "project" for the summer and the kids have loved watering it and watching things grow but it is quite a lot of work. Oh, and if anyone knows how to grow cilantro, let me know. Mine ended up looking like a spindly knockoff of parsley and never grew to great heights...

The next picture depicts a favorite pastime of Lynnea, reading. She loves to be read to and is constantly picking up books and bringing them to whoever will look at them with her.
Way back on July 4th, we went to the park to watch fireworks with some friends of ours from our neighborhood. We had a lot of fun but the show was shorter than I had anticipated. Waiting for a few hours to watch 5 minutes of fireworks was kind of disappointing but the company was fun.
This photo was taken with the fireworks setting on my camera. Pretty cool I must say.
Then we went to dinner a few weeks ago with some friends of ours. We enjoyed ourselves at a place called Ricardos. I would go there for their warm flour tortilla chips and salsa alone.
Coming soon: our trip to Disneyland and visits with friends from out of town.

No comments: