At least I'm posting them now, right? Anyway, on to the festivities. Here is the happy couple during the reception. We had a great time up in Washington, without kids, celebrating with the family, without kids, and enjoying delicious food and conversation, without kids. Did I mention that I was without my kids? I can't remember if I did or not. YES!! Without them (in case you didn't catch that).It was quite the trip. Cara and I didn't have to think about getting anyone else ready but ourselves so I had time to primp and style... yes, I actually had time to brush my hair!! It was a great getaway even if it only lasted less than 48 hours.
The wedding was beautiful and outdoors. We were all standing for it and I guess I didn't expect Washington weather to be in the 80's but, after a while, the programs made quite acceptable sun shades. It was a little warm!
The family under the arbor. We haven't taken a picture of the 4 of us in a long time. Usually there are several people of the smaller sort in our arms or at our feet. It was really fun to just be the 4 of us for the weekend. It brought back good memories.
With Nana who looked stunning, as always.
My mom's side of the family.
With my sis. We shared a room and loved being able to talk late into the night, something we haven't been able to do since college days.
Isn't the cake beautiful? Very chic.
And here is little Ryan, my cousin Julie's little boy. He was such a trooper through the whole ceremony and didn't make much noise at all. He was the entertainment throughout the weekend and we all enjoyed squeezing him at one time or another.
We had so much fun. We did miss you so much, Uncle Bill! We missed your family as well since they were stuck in the hotel with food poisoning. A vacation we will all remember, right Fonda's?
1 comment:
Thank you for the pictures and sharing your family trip.Beautiful wedding and happy couple, outdoors in Washington a miracle. Times together are such treasured moments! Nancy M
Post a Comment