It was Lynnea's first time tasting cotton candy and I must say she enjoyed it immensely. This is amazing since she is my child who takes one bite of anything and is done with it. My most picky eater, by far! She couldn't have enough of the sugary goodness and, by the time she was done with it, she was sticky pretty much everywhere.
Lynnea and daddy in California Adventure.
But the highlight of the day had to be the High School Musical Music Extravaganza. I must say that I was quite excited to see the dancing and singing of these talented artists. They were actually singing LIVE , from what I could tell! I couldn't help but envy the enthusiasm, dexterity, and all-around talent of these young kids and wished I could have gotten in there and danced the routine with them (wouldn't that be a vision). They were the highlight of the day, for sure! I think I even liked it better than the kids! Believe it or not, I sang along with the songs. Hey, they're catchy!
OK, but this girl was beyond excited to perform with the traveling High School float. She had a smile on her face the entire time, despite dancing, singing, jumping, running, and doing everything else imaginable in 90 degree heat. I had so much respect for her, especially when this look (seen below) never left her face. More power to her!
We went on many rides, including Small World. Several of the rides I have determined that I am too old for. There is a carnival-type ride, a "soap-box" car ride toward the back of California Adventure that made me scream like a 3 year old child every time it turned a corner. First of all, I just had a feeling that every time it turned a corner, it was going to tip entirely off the tracks, taking me and Mikayla with it. I felt a little too old, and heavy, to be riding such a "delicate" ride. Will had the great insight to videotape me as I rode this lovely ride but I don't think there will ever be an occasion to show that unattractive video.
Here are the 3 of my kids sitting in Pluto's bed in Mickey's house. It's amazing that they are all smiling and happy at the same time.
We waited for the fireworks that night since we don't often have a chance to visit the Happiest Place on Earth. Before the show, Lynnea was fast asleep but it didn't take long before the loud, thundering music woke her up and, because she was so exhausted, the screaming began. Luckily, the soundtrack to the fireworks show was so loud no one could hear the banshee-esque screaming coming from my small child.
Hamming it up before the show.
Trying to copy his sister, as always.
We had so much fun as a family.
2 comments:
The ride at the back of DCA, would that be Mulholland Madness? Also known as the mad mouse ride? My husband and I call it the "tooth chipper"! We also call the Matterhorn Bodsleds the "kidney puncher". I am surprised that you actually made it on the ride. It breaks down a lot. I just pass by and chuckle at the folks waiting in line. I would love to see the videotape sometime. I promise not to laugh...to much...or too hard. I am glad you had a good time. We still need to make our own trip to the park. Let me know when you can go.
fun times! Even if its a month off. so are you ready for the start of another school year?
Post a Comment