
We started swimming lessons last week, much to the trepidation of my youngest. I was so proud of him when he stuck his feet in the water and didn't refuse to go in altogether. He has a great teacher named Mr. Dan who is really good with him and Tyler has so much fun...ok, so I wouldn't use the word "fun" but if I bribe him with candy, he'll get in the water and finish the class. A little bribery never hurt anyone, right? He's still pretty unsure but he's doing so well and the teachers at the pool are very good at what they do.

Tyler's class is first and it is so funny to watch. We're pretty far away from the pool as spectators but I'll describe what I see every time I look over. Mr. Dan asks Tyler a question, Tyler shakes his head "no". Mr. Dan asks another question, Tyler shakes his head "no" again. Mr. Dan asks another question, Tyler shakes his head "no" and then Dan does a version of what he was going to do anyway, just not in the way he originally wanted to do it. Oh, and Tyler can't hold on to the wall the way everyone else does. He has to have half of his body above water to hold on tight. I think it's getting better. Tyler is so proud of himself when he gets out and always says that water didn't get up his nose this time! What a big boy!

Mikayla is taking the class with a friend of hers from school which builds her confidence even more so she tries things she never would have without the extra support. She liked the class the first day but told me that she wanted to go back to her swim class from last year because it was easier. She's doing really well even though it is a little harder.

Doing the "star" to practice the form of one of their strokes before they do it in the water.

Some other things that are new: a new yogurt place opened up near us that is a serve-yourself type shop. You get to pile your own yogurt into a bowl, smother it with toppings and then weigh it at the end. At 30 cents an ounce, it's a pretty good deal. It's become a favorite, especially with mommy!

And I promised you I'd put in a picture of the finished rocks as well as our new vegetable garden. This garden is a labor of love since I have to water the thing every day until Will gets in the sprinkler system. We have tomatoes, cilantro, basil, watermelon, sugar snap peas and strawberries. We've had a few strawberries but we're waiting for the fruits of our labor to appear.

Lynnea attempting to water the vegetables. You can kind of see our rocks behind her. I'll get a better picture when I get around to it.

And here's my beautiful Mikayla. I made her pose for a picture so this isn't an ear to ear smile but I had to put a picture of her in here somewhere...gotta be equal with the kid's pictures.

4 comments:
We have a yogurt place by us that is similar to yours. So good, and addicting. But, it's yogurt, so it's good for you, right? We miss you guys. Maybe we should meet up for yogurt. :)
Yay for vegetable garden! They'll love watching stuff grow... waiting for more pictures of your garden. =)
Lynnea looks like she is watering her belly, not the garden! :)
Ok, LOVE the yogurt do-it-yourself places, and I also love that picture of Tyler at the pool. What a doll. I love you so much and I want to thank you for all that you mean to me. Your care for me means more than words can say...
Post a Comment