Monday, October 10, 2011

Will Finished!

Running a Half Marathon is no easy feat, and on Sunday, my husband finally ran his! I am so proud of him!
 
My friend, Mina, went with me and the kids to the race course and prepared to cheer on all of the runners around Mile 6. I didn't really know when Will had started his race so, after waiting for about 15 minutes, I decided he had already passed that part and went to get some real estate along the finish line fence. Little did I know that I'd be waiting for about 2 hours for him to pass by.
At first, I put my camera up for every man wearing a red shirt that had black hair...then I relaxed a little and cheered on the runners as they finished, then the kids could stand it no more and started making rock angels in the rock pile behind me. Mina watched them so I could keep my eye on the racers. I owe her big time. If you actually click on the photo of Lynnea, you'll see exactly how dirty her hands got. Those same hands held a granola bar only a short time later (before I realized she was really eating it) and now she is throwing up at home. I really needed that "mommy punishment." Thanks, Lynnea.

Anyway, my friend Michelle (a part of the Up & Running Again ministry that we met up with), stood by me and started taking photos of all of their runners who had overcome adversity and trained hard to finish a half marathon. It is such an inspiring ministry!! After standing for quite some time, and saying, "he's got to be here any minute now," I started experimenting with fitting my camera through the chain link to get a better shot. I took sample photos, tested out the continuous frame photo setting and was ready to go. No sooner had I turned my head for a moment (with my hand still through the chain link), Will ran by in his red shirt. My finger desperately clicked away and I got a few shots. He had no idea we were there until Michelle called his name. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed after 2 hours of waiting to get the best shot possible. 
 
Here are the ones I did get...

Will & Steve after the race.

The family shot. Gotta have one!





2 comments:

Mama Griffith, said...

love it!!!

Greg and Heather said...

That's great, Will!! Good job! I wish that I was still there with everybody in 2B1 running so much now!