Now, that answer is the best one for a daughter whose mom was an art major in college but it certainly doesn't lend itself to teamwork and agility. So, this past Spring when I again asked Mikayla if she wanted to play soccer and she said, "yes," I was astounded! This change of heart came about due to the fact that her recess activity had switched from hanging on the monkey bars with her girl friends to playing soccer with the boys (and girls). I'm not even going to go there...
So, I signed her up. This past Saturday was the "tryouts" which really means,"we want to see how good (or bad) you are before we put you on a team." I've got to be honest, I was kind of nervous for her. I didn't know if she'd be any good. I definitely didn't want her pride to be shattered on the practice day, of all days. We still had the whole season to play!
I shouldn't have worried. She ROCKED it! She ran after that ball with the determination of an Olympic athlete and blocked every ball that came her way as a goalie. Mommy was so proud! Tyler is going to play too so this coming fall will be full of games and soccer practice. Luckily, it's only once a week so I can still have a life.
No comments:
Post a Comment