Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No more Shake-n-Bake

I'm like every mom - something easy for dinner, no more than 3 steps and 3 ingredients, right? So last night I went about making chicken coated in Shake-n-Bake.

Before I pick on poor little Shake-n-Bake, I'll rewind to last Thursday. Lynnea came down with a flu. Just vomiting. No biggie. OK, are you kidding me? I hate vomiting, especially from a 3 year old who has just learned how to use the potty the right way and now has to turn around and use it another way entirely. Oust and Lysol were my friends and I thought I had wiped that little germ out of existence. Sunday came. I ran my half marathon and felt great. As we were preparing to go to my friend, Robin's, house for a delicious dinner, that little bug found Tyler. I was spraying, wiping, washing and waiting...waiting for the inevitable to happen but hoping it wouldn't. Then it did.

After said Shake-n-Bake dinner, I headed in to work and prepared for my 6 hour shift and it hit me. Luckily I made it home in time but from 8:30 until 3ish, my stomach and I were at war.

I don't need to tell you that the foods you eat before you get sick are just never appealing to you ever again, do I? Shake-n-Bake won't be on the menu for a while. That's too bad. It's not often you come across an easy, whip up recipe that tastes good too (at least when it goes in.)

As I lay on the bed in agony (not only from stomach cramps but from the knee and thigh aches that come from running a half marathon), I heard Mikayla run to the bathroom. *sigh* When it rains, it pours. Oh, wait, but mine was a hurricane with torrential rains because then, do you know what happened? Will had to leave for a convention....leave....and leave me with 3 kids, home from school (Tyler had a relapse) in a fragile mental state.

Oh, and a side note to all this? I called my sister, Cara and the bug had found her too. Steak sandwiches lost their appeal to her.

Praying you all stay happy and healthy this season! I'm gonna go lay on the couch...and ignore all of my children to the best of my ability.

No comments: