Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ant Update

For all who are interested, the vile fire ants are eating the granules out front (it must be quite the treat)...they are quite aggressive about gathering those too. They seem to get angry and defensive about everything.

In an odd turn of events, my neighbor on the right doesn't have ONE fire ant...not ONE!! Those corn chips were placed everywhere (she got paranoid after we told her how painful their bites were) and the guys collected the uneaten chips an hour later. How did we get to be so lucky? I'll take that as a compliment that our yard is so alluring? As for the bait in the backyard, we need to leave the little bait cannisters (that look eerily similar to mineral makeup cases) in our garden for a month! *sigh* Oh well, if it gets rid of them, I guess I'll deal with it.

On a positive note, Mikayla's room had a few black ants feverishly looking for some stray crumbs by her shoes. I could have kissed them! It may seem strange but honestly, I haven't seen a humble, skitterish, black ant in quite some time. I almost wanted to name them! Then I crushed them...but it's a good sign!

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: