Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter with the Family

Before I share about our Red Lobster moments, I've just got to post a picture of my baby...yes, my baby. She's only 2 and look at her! She already looks like she's ready for school, friends, a social life...where does the time go?
On to Red Lobster. For the first time in, ohhh, probably a decade...or more...Will's family chose a restaurant that didn't serve Chinese food for dinner. I just think we need a moment to reflect on the miracle of this moment....ok, moving on. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Chinese food but it was rather exhilarating to go to a place that served American food with the Chinese side of the family. "American" food to Will's parents is usually just another word for "American Chinese." This includes foods such as spaghetti, filet mignon, chicken and salmon all done with a Chinese flair which makes it more Chinese than American. I do love the food!

So we were at Red Lobster and had a back room all to ourselves which led to Lynnea climbing into the booth behind Will once she was finished with her dinner. It led to this cute picture...
which eventually led to this picture. Since Mikayla can't resist being part of a silly picture, she had to join in the fun. This is the face Mikayla makes in "crazy" pictures.
And because I didn't want to be left out, Mikayla and I had our own moment.
Once we were finished with dinner, one of my nieces made a heartwarming discovery in her popcorn shrimp leftovers...
It was so amazing that even the waitress came over to snap a picture, which she stated she would immediately put on Facebook. *sigh* What is this world coming to?

Remember that post about getting out the paints and feeling like a great mom? I've really outdone myself this time...I got out the play-dough cookie dough this afternoon and got even more "mommy points." My mom had bought this really cool cookie dough that came in playdough-like containers and you could play with it like clay and then bake it. The sugar cookies that resulted were actually pretty good!
Mikayla enjoyed eating the dough almost as much as creating cookies.

No comments: