Friday, January 22, 2010

While the hubby's away

This last week Will went on a business trip. As luck would have it, my Uncle Dannie was in town on business so he graciously kept me company and slept on the couch so that he could spend some time with me and the kids. It was so much fun to have him stay over. He treated us to a sushi dinner, was a great bedtime enforcer (complete with toy swords) and made American Idol so much more fun to watch with his comments and critiques.Oh, and he got to try on Mikayla's hat (see previous post).

For the past few weeks, my daughter has been asking me if I could cut her some bangs. Since I've had bangs numerous times throughout my life, I know what kind of commitment they bring and I know how long it takes to grow them out so I tried to convince her that she really didn't want them. It didn't work. I had tried, and failed, to talk her out of wanting bangs so we went out this last weekend and my oldest got her new haircut.
She went from this...
to this...This picture was taken with Justin, a friend we spent some time with the other day. I think whatever haircut she has, Mikayla looks adorable.

Mikayla's girl scout "pin ceremony" was this week and all of the girls got their first pin. I'm such a bad mom since I really don't know what the pin was for but I know they've been working on their kindness and other character traits. I never saw myself as a girl scout mom but Mikayla likes it and has fun doing it so that's all that matters. Selling girl scout cookies is next...anyone want to buy some thin mints??
Of course all Lynnea cared about was the frosting on top of the cupcake. Look at that face, pure enjoyment.
Seconds later, it was on the floor and there were a lot of tears.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woah! No one told me we had a girl scout in the family. (Seriously, what kind of question is, "Do you want to buy some thin mints?")

Hmmmm... shipping might be an issue.

I also wonder if the desire for bangs came because it appears her sister has them.

Thanks for the updates, as numerous as they are, it helps when we can't get to CA as often as I would like. (%#$#!#^# Cancer...)

~Ben