Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Over the "Hill"

This last weekend, spur of the moment, Will and I decided to take a trip out to see the family in the good old "909" (you know what that means if you live here). Anyway, we had a great time with Bryan, Cara and Ethan and Austin. I apologize in advance, Cara, for any influence my husband has on your son in the electronic arena. Look at the 2 of them, birds of a feather.Here is Lynnea, inspecting the caramel apple given to Tyler by a friend of mine at the birthday party we visited early that morning (sorry Aly and Matt for showing up 2 hours early for the party. I could have sworn it said 10 but it was on the 10th...it's been that way with me lately.)
Cara showed me how to take a widescreen shot with my camera so now I'm addicted. It looks professional and gets in a lot of detail. The next few shots are the kids riding their bikes in front of the house. "What are they all looking at?" you may wonder. If you look to the left of the shot, you can see Bryan holding a remote control device. Yep, what you don't see is a jeep the size of a small animal racing in and out of the bikers, narrowly missing wheels and stealthily taking Cara's shoes off as it races under the truck we're sitting on. The kids loved it! I even got in on the action. Unfortunately, I haven't steered a remote control car since..hmmm...4th grade? As you can probably imagine, I ended up hitting all of my kids at least once, especially Mikayla and Tyler as they begged me to run the car between their outstretched legs. I did warn them that I didn't have much experience. Here they all are dodging the offroader.
Lynnea enjoyed the afternoon on Thomas.
Thanks, Cara and Bryan, for a fun afternoon. I keep thinking we need to go out there more often. What's more important than family? I know this year we'll make more time to spend together and just enjoy being together. Oh, by the way, this is Lynnea's newest "skill," walking while pushing something. Oh, and the pants...forget the Oxy Clean. They've now become "play clothes," along with most of her wardrobe.
So, as some of you know, I'll be joining Will out of town this week and leaving the kids with my parents who have graciously offered to keep them alive for the next few days (that's not an easy feat, especially with my accident prone 3 year old). I'm looking forward to the time away but it's hard to think of leaving them. I find myself wanting to be near them all of the time (ok, I do get tired of them once in a while, especially when they need to constantly be disciplined) but I can't imagine not holding Tyler when he wakes up from a nap, not cradling the baby as she drinks her bottle and not being able to listen to Mikayla's school stories when she comes home. Pray that this will be a relaxing trip for me and that all will go well as we're apart.

No comments: