I don't really know how to spell it in English but "Happy Chinese New Year!!" We celebrated with Will's family at our new family "spot" and most of the family came. We had the traditional 8 or 9 course meal complete with jellyfish, duck, chicken, shark fin soup and abalone along with other "comfort foods." =) I actually eat everything and enjoy everything. I guess after so many years, it has become normal food to me.

At the same time we were at the restaurant, a wedding party and all of their guests were having a reception in the main dining room. We had to enter through a side door since the front entrance was the backdrop for the bride and groom's photo shoot. The kids were so fascinated with the party that they kept looking out the door to watch the festivities. The music was so loud that conversation was hard even when the door was closed in our room.

Here is Mama and Yeye, a.k.a. Will's parents. I'm so blessed to have such great in-laws. Even though I can't speak mom's language and have a hard time sometimes with dad's accent, I know they love me and would do anything for me. When I thought of in-laws before I got married, I definitely had a different expectation but having Will's parents for in-laws has taught me so many things and has been so much more rewarding than I would ever have imagined. At times, I kind of feel like I'm Chinese...

Oh, and check out mom's jacket. For years, I tried to find the perfect gift for her. (Buying for my in-laws is verrry difficult, as you can imagine.) Sometimes I've actually found something she likes, something actually in her size and will wear. This last Christmas, I found this soft, orange jacket and knew it was just "her." She wears it all of the time and it makes me feel so good. Finally, something I don't have to return! And it fits her beautifully! Just had to brag...
1 comment:
Riva,
I'm just reading your latest posts. I'm so sorry to hear about Lynnea. How scary! Thank God she is ok.
Hear ya on the potty training! I'd do the same thing you're doing. It's just not worth the frustration.
Love the story of Mikayla and her "twin" day at school. Her tiara looked beautiful!
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Love ya!
Janette
Post a Comment