Sunday, January 18, 2009

Coming Home

Vegas. I'll put it all in a nutshell. *observations included*

4 hours of solitary driving to Vegas...2 hours of Barstow outlet shopping *bliss*

Planet Hollywood room..."Ghost" movie room theme. *freaky*

Mandalay Bay buffet. *yum*

Compared to Steven Tyler by a Sales Representative I just met who meant it as an extreme compliment. *flattered? but still not quite sure*

Scanned badges at Will's convention for 5 hours. Half of the time, the scanner wouldn't scan quick enough. *humbling*

Met all of the Representatives Will has talked about in the past. *rewarding*

Woke up at 5:00 in the morning out of sheer habit. *disappointing*

Got suckered into buying a "revolutionary eye cream" from one of those kiosks in the center of the mall while shopping. Not to mention that the guy who sold it to me pointed out all of my facial flaws and had the personal space equivalent of, oh, 3 inches.*I'm such a sucker but it works, it really does!*

Watched Bride Wars in the theater, by myself, after shopping for several hours, by myself. *refreshing but lonely* Did I mention I was by myself?

All in all, it was a great trip. I did miss the kids (although that quickly faded when they woke up at 5 in the morning on Saturday). However, I did not miss the constant questions, clean up, and fight break-ups that are a regular part of my everyday routine. I must say, though, on Saturday morning when I picked Lynnea up from her crib, it was like the world was where it should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Steven Tyler?!?! What the heck?? You do have nice full lips, but that comparison is ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have to admit that was pretty strange. My rep meant it in all sincerity and actually said, "Steven Tyler is one of the sexiest man alive." My rep is very hetero, and not at all metro. Very manly, older gentleman. Go figure!

William