Friday, June 15, 2007

Fun with Four

Every night we read a blessing from a book Auntie Cara gave us that talks about God and His love for us. It has beautiful illustrations and one night there was an illustration of a little girl playing a violin. Of course, my daughter wanted to play one immediately and I promised her I'd bring out the violin the next day. I used to play when I was in Junior High so it isn't exactly in tune and the hairs on the bow are not in good shape but, as you can see, the kids loved playing it. Mikayla kept wanting to play the "guitar" and I had to keep reminding her that her teacher in Sunday School plays a guitar and it's not the same thing. Watch out children's orchestra!Here is my son doing 2 things he loves most...eating snacks and playing outside!

Mikayla wanted to wear a dress this morning and she had a really cute one from her cousin that was a hand-me-down but looks immaculate. It's a Ralph Lauren and probably the only one she'll ever own but she looked adorable so I had to take a few pictures.



Last night, my sister and her hubby wanted to go to a romantic dinner and that meant it had to be without the kids so, for the first time, we watched them. It's kind of weird how we've never watched their kids before but it can be a little inconvenient to drive to Corona for a few hours. Thankfully, they dropped them by our place and the kids had a blast playing together, as always. Cara, don't worry about leaving me alone with 4 kids! They were wonderful!


Here they all are in the backyard watching Will throw a ball up in the air. I allowed it this time but Mikayla is a very intelligent girl and she has learned that whatever daddy does, she can do. One of her balls is now on top of the patio roof and I have informed Will that only he can be the one to test his skills by seeing how high he can throw the ball. Otherwise, he can go on top of the roof or go ask the neighbors for the missing toys.

Tyler testing out the scooter. He's uninhibited by the girly colors. That's a real man!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey you need to check this out. It isn't as fantastic as yours but with a little bit more time it could be. Love you guys! http://jandjkranzberg.blogspot.com/