Sunday, January 8, 2012

Creature art

I just love the fact that my kids love to draw. Fairies, dragons, people with no legs, sharks, you name it, my kids have probably drawn it (or tried to). So, when my son brought this lovely masterpiece my way, I probably got a little too excited and quite hastily exclaimed, "what a nice octopus, Tyler! You did such a great job on that drawing!" My motherly remarks were quickly shot down when he looked at me and said, "MOM, it's not an octopus, it's a squid, see the little things on the head??" Oh, of COURSE! How could I have missed them (whatever they are)? Now that I take a better look at it, it IS a squid...as anatomically correct as they come.

His excitement to draw said squid was so strong that it even ended up in the water with the poor fishermen in Sunday School. Now, let's be realistic. I'm sure the fishermen came across a few creepy fish in their time, but after all that wind, rain, and commotion on the seas, I sure wouldn't want to fall in the water laden with jellyfish, giant squid and some kind of funky spider/crab. That guy walking on the water better hurry to that boat before he gets taken down!! Ah, but I do think it adds a little bit of my Tyler into the Sunday School art. What is a project without a few creatures milling about? Gotta love it...

No comments: