Our family decided to take a last minute trip to the Sacramento area to visit my cousin, Julie and her family. Since we hadn't taken any trips this summer, I wanted to pack in as much as I possibly could on the 5 days we'd be gone. So pack I did. Cambria was the first destination. I love Cambria. However, I don't love the fact that it took almost 5 hours to get there.
There's only so much you can do with 3 kids in the car and we did them all. We stopped for snacks, read books, watched a movie, and just plain sat there, bored. Finally, we arrived at the destination...and spent all of an hour running through a few shops and throwing some rocks into the ocean. In all of half an hour, I got these shots of the kids on the beach...
Mikayla and a cool driftwood log,
The kids playing in the water.
The kids still playing in the water. Notice how they had to carry their shoes? No, mommy is not a carry-all.
Lynnea tried to pass off her shoes...
Right before we headed back to the car, I got a cute shot of the kids on this huge piece of driftwood.
All in all, we rushed out of the car, rushed through shops, rushed through the beach, and ran back to the car...thoroughly enjoying every second. In a way I wished we would have gone straight there but I think the kids liked seeing the beach. Not sure if it was worth the 4 hour side trip but it was fun.
Once I get the memory card out of the other camera (my battery died at Cambria...just my luck) I'll post some pics of Sacramento. I know, I'm so far behind in this blog. Camping will be posted soon too. Be patient with me...=)
No comments:
Post a Comment