Santa Monica was the destination of choice this past weekend and we headed out to the beach. With the forecast of 80 degrees, I was ready for some sun and sand. It wasn't 80 degrees...ok, so it got there for about 10 minutes? Before that 10 minutes and after that 10 minutes, it was more like 68; not my idea of beach weather.It was kind of nice to just walk the pier and sample all kinds of different sweets (what is it with going to the beach and suddenly feeling the urge to buy ice cream?).
So, Mikayla decided that she wanted to ride one of the roller coasters. I had a bad feeling that it was going to cost me, both from my wallet and my company and, sure enough, it was $5 per ride. I asked Mikayla if $5 was worth it or would she want to buy something else with her money. Oh, it was worth it, she said. So I bought myself a ticket and we went for a $10 ride on the West Coast Coaster. I must say, my idea of roller coasters has changed somewhat. The whole time I kept thinking to myself, "I'm on an old roller coaster, next to the beach, rusty, probably not safety checked as often as it should and I'm not so light any more! There's going to be an accident." 2 times around the track and we arrived, still alive, to disembark at the station and I must admit, it was pretty exhilerating!
After the pier, we went to the beach and walked through the water, and under the pier (it was a little claustrophobic for me).
Snow Cone tongues.
...and cotton candy fingers. Tyler chose cotton candy over snow cone but did take a few bites of his sister's snow cone.
Posing on the pier.
Watching the waves...for about 2 minutes.
Cool shot of the roller coaster. We rode the yellow and red one.
After the pier, we went to 3rd street promenade and observed all of the colorful characters who shop that street. It is definitely not like home. I think every demonstrator was there, holding a sign for their "cause." Interesting world we live in.
No comments:
Post a Comment