Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Party (without the kids!)

The annual class Christmas party was held a few weeks ago. This party is probably the reason that no one stands up and volunteers to be the social coordinator of our fellowship class in church. It is a huge undertaking and can only be accomplished with lots of planning and lots of help. So who, you ask, volunteered to be the social coordinator? Yes, I said "volunteered." Yep, I did.

So, since I signed myself up to take charge of all things social, it was my responsibility to make sure everything ran smoothly, that there was food for everyone to eat, and a place for everyone to sit. It ended up going so well because I had so much help from wonderful friends. It was a very enjoyable evening.

It was such a whirlwind, however, that I hardly had time to take any pictures of the event. I did take a picture of the beautiful cupcake tower made by my amazing friend, Aly. Red velvet, vanilla, and chocolate were the decadent flavors and she decorated them with so much elegance. It gave the party that "wow" factor. Here it is in all its glory...Here are 3 of my friends who helped me that night with cleaning and organizing, Mina, Kristine, and Valerie. Where would I have been without them. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the other people who helped like Robin, Aly, and Lena. You girls are the best (your husbands were pretty helpful too, I must admit). Oh, and if anyone needs a phone number of a great taco guy, give me a call!

No comments: