Saturday, November 7, 2009

Hello? Hello? Anyone there??

I must apologize for the lack of blog postings as of late. We've just had so much to do that writing a blog entry is a priority that slipped to the bottom of the pile. Seeing as how I had a few minutes to spare, the kids are mildly distracted with playing outside, and my tummy is full of Swedish pancakes, I thought I'd catch you up a little with what's been goin' on.

Sickness...that's what's been goin' on. You know, I know that God has a sense of humor but he really pushes the limit at times. That sarcasm starts pushing through. (I know God's got a little bit of it in there somewhere. Otherwise, how could I relate?) I have told everyone, "I just pray that my kids don't get sick this next week and I have to go on my CRUISE with a cold or a flu." Yes, everyone, my husband and I are taking a cruise...let's focus on that for a minute. My loving, wonderful husband planned an anniversary cruise for him and me about a year ago and that very cruise is in jeopardy if there is any illness. We leave in a week!!

Enter the flu. Now I don't think my kids have contracted the worst of it but, as of this last week, I've had an older daughter with a fever upward of 103.5, a son whose snot I characterize as "snot rockets" because they literally launch out of the nose and hang there like wayward missiles, and a baby who decided to contract it late in the game and has such a wet face that when she colored it with marker the other day, it just slid off of her face. I keep telling myself, "resist the germs!! Resist!"

*sigh* I need this vacation. I need to sit on the cruise ship and sit...read...relax. I also think, by the end of this week, that I need to invest in hand sanitizer because I've singlehandedly used 3 family's worth all on my own.

On that note, I'll post a few pictures of my kids, pre-illness.

Mikayla with her best friend, Julia demonstrating school pride on crazy hair day.Halloween at our church. They had a puppy petting pen and Tyler thought it was the best thing ever!
Lynnea as a dinosaur (thanks Auntie Cara for the costume!)
Our family went to our class Costume party as knights protecting a princess (Mikayla) from a dragon (Lynnea). Unfortunately, Tyler refused to participate and went instead as Tyler. I made Will and my costumes to match his but it looked like we were the only knights in the family.
Lynnea attempting to be a big girl like her sister and play on the computer. She can't do much except touch the mouse and move it around.
Tyler and one of his favorite gifts from Grammie and Gramps - a bubble gun. It even lights up. Mommy had fun with it too.
And, to end the blog, a picture of Lynnea and her crazy hair. I really don't know what happened before this picture was taken but it looks like she was caught in a wind tunnel. This was before I trimmed her bangs too so that adds to the bushyness. On her, it looks stylish; on me...well, we don't want a picture of that.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I'm here! Thanks for posting. I've missed you!
You have such beautiful kids!...just like their mama!
Praying sickness will all go away so you and Will can enjoy your cruise. You deserve it!
Love you and Happy 10th Anniversary!