Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cruisin'

It's been 10 years! I can't believe it. I've been married that long...and to my best friend. What a blessing. We had so much fun traveling to Catalina and then to Ensenada.

At first, after I boarded the boat, I was a little overwhelmed at all of the people that were boarding with us and then had to try to fight my way through the buffet on the Lido deck after which we were forced to eat on the deck under the watchful eye of 2 very hungry and very brave sea gulls. About 30 minutes after boarding, I finally started to relax and people ended up spreading around the ship so it didn't seem like all 2400 people were in the restaurant.

The next few days were so much fun. First, we ate. Then we went to Catalina, rented bikes and climbed up a sweat-inducing hill to the Wrigley Memorial, then we went back to the ship and ate again. Later that night, we ate yet again. Do you kind of get the idea of what the highlight was? Every night there were appetizers, main courses, and desserts. Each person could eat as much as they wanted and it was all included! It was amazing. I tried to make sure I didn't eat past the "feeling full" point but it was pretty impossible with Lobster, Prime Rib, Molten Chocolate Cake, and Shrimp Scampi. Wow.

Once we went to Ensenada, the real adventure began. Will and I signed up for the ATV Excursion and I don't think I realized exactly how dangerous it could be. I had never sat on an ATV before, let alone driven one so it was a little intimidating to ride over rocks, down mountains and up hills with a helmet, goggles, and a handkerchief to block all of the dirt from filling my lungs. Even with the bandana over my mouth, I still managed to eat some dirt and both Will and I looked like we'd bathed in it when we finished. I had so much fun and am glad I got to experience riding an ATV at least once.

The last day, we traveled all day at sea. The seas were a tad rough that day and I got a little seasick but it eased up by 1:00 in the afternoon. We had fun just walking around the ship, shopping in the ship's shops (a little tongue twister) and eating again...

Here's a slide show I made of our trip. I would highly recommend a cruise to anyone who wants to relax, have all of their luggage in one place but see a lot of sights, and eat to your heart's content. It was so much fun to just be the 2 of us and still enjoy each other's company.

2 comments:

Mama Shoe said...

So glad you two got to enjoy the cruise and each other (sans kids). You deserve it! You sold me on the cruise! I hope to be able to do the same someday -- in 10 years? =)
love ya, girlfriend.

Mama Griffith, said...

wow, It has gone so fast!! Greg and I only have a year and a half before our ten year. Thanks be to God who has given us such great partners for life.