ok, but first you have to check out my son's eye. Last week he woke up with his eye almost swollen shut (this picture was taken a few hours later. Believe me, it was worse). I took him to the doctor only to find out, after I almost choked on the $30 co-pay, that it was just allergies. I kicked myself again for even bringing him to the doctor in the first place. Don't even get me started on our healthcare system.. UGH.So, this last Saturday we dropped everything and took a family day away at the beach. It was the first time I've taken all 3 to the beach EVER but since I had backup, I decided it would be a fun outing. It quickly made me realize that I wouldn't want to do it by myself until the kids are about...oh....16? We headed over to Newport and let the kids walk in the sand, took a walk to the boardwalk, ate some salt water taffy, and took some pictures on the photo booth (which didn't turn out that great). So here are my 2 oldest when we got out of the car...apparently they're so excited that we actually went to the beach that they hugged each other with vigor. Feeding the meter became the next euphoric experience.
Here's Lynnea, not quite sure what to think about the whole experience.
We let the kids loose on the sand and they took full advantage.
They chased an ice chest as it was pulled through the sand, creating a perfect place to leave a footprint.
Mikayla, all smiles.
And then it happened, full submersion. I knew it was coming and I still wasn't prepared for the dive into the sand and the sand angels. I think I'm still scrubbing sand out of scalps. You can see that Lynnea joined in the fun as well. She just didn't know which way to face.
Then she threw a tantrum about something. Her usual habit is to drop to the floor and lay down. This time it was kind of a rude awakening.
Such a fun day!
1 comment:
Your babies are growing up so fast! they're beautiful!
Post a Comment